You will need a replacement battery and a replacement front label. The LogTag battery and label are custom made and must be purchased from LogTag Recorders LTD or an authorised distributor. Please note that due to airline regulations it is increasingly difficult to ship batteries from our warehouse, and you may incur significant expenses for such a shipment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL NECESSARY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS MUST BE IN PLACE. THESE INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO PROPER ANTI-STATIC PRECAUTIONS, EYE PROTECTION AND SOLDER FUME EXTRACTION. LOGTAG RECORDERS LTD WILL NEITHER WARRANT NOR ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR HARM CAUSED AS A RESULT OF PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING SERVICE OPERATION.
The process is as follows:
- Hibernate the LogTag with the LogTag Analyzer software
- Remove the front label, remove the countersunk screws and open the case
- De-solder the battery from the PCB
- Replace the foam dot on the battery
- Solder the new battery in place, watch out for correct polarity
- Re-assemble the case (reverse process of above dis-assembly)
- Fit a new front label
- Test the logger function correctly
LogTag Recorders LTD also strongly advises recalibration of the product as a general product performance validation, following a battery change.
The cost of the replacement components plus the cost of labour and calibration to do this job is typically significantly higher than the cost of a replacement logger. However, if you wish to proceed, you can enquire about the cost of a replacement battery and label with your local distributor.